2007 Nebula Awards - NYC
by Ernest Lilley
Review by Ernest Lilley
SFWA ISBN/ITEM#: 07005NA
Date: May 11-13, 2007
Links: 2007 Awards Page / SFRevu Flickr Gallery / Show Official Info /
Since the Nebula Awards will be held in NYC, practically our backyard, we're planning on attending the awards and bringing back coverage. The Nebulas are given each year by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA), for the best SF&F published in the US during the previous two years. It has a more professional vibe than the Hugos, and the reward is a bit of fame and the acknowledgment of ones peers. We'll be there covering it and bring back a report next month. - Ernest
2007 Nebula Awards® Weekend Schedule
11-13 May 2007
Thursday, 10 May 2007
- Registration: 4:00-10:00 p.m.
- Hospitality Suite: 4:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m.
Friday, 11 May 2007
- Hospitality Suite: 9:00 a.m.-2:00 a.m.
- Registration: Prefunction in front of Financial II (second floor lobby): 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Free books: Second floor lobby
- Reading: Keith R.A. DeCandido. Next to the hospitality suite. Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Magazine Showcase with Stephen H. Segal, Gordon van Gelder, Wendy S. Delmater, Sheila Williams, Brian Bieniowski, Hildy Silverman, and Stanley Schmidt. 11:00 a.m.-Noon
- From the Printed Page to the Silver Screen
The Art & Business of Adaption for the Visual Medium,
with Diana Dru Botsford. Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Cash Bar Reception: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Hour of the Wolf interviews with Jim Freund. 1:00-7:00 p.m.
- Genre Workshops: Theodora Goss, Slade Powell, Kij Johnson, Thomas Seay, Mike Velichansky, Doug Cohen, Will Horner, Sky Schneider, Elaine Issak, Darren Moore, and Diana Dru Botsford will be on hand to answer questions. 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- About AboutSF.com with James Gunn, Nate Williams, Chris McKitterick. 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Meet the Author Emeritus: D.G. Compton. Next to the hospitality suite. 3:00-4:00 p.m. Please note time change.
- Tour: Old New York Part I (leaves from main lobby of the Marriott). 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Author-Agent Speed Dating: 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Multi-Author Book Signing at Borders Book Store: 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Haunted New York Tour (leaves from Borders). 8:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Nominee ceremony & photo op: Hotel, 10:00 p.m.
- Dancing, clubbing, room parties: Into the night.
Saturday, 12 May 2007
- Hospitality Suite: 9:00 a.m.-2:00 a.m.
- "World Enough and Time," Star Trek New Voyages, written by Marc Scott Zicree and Michael Reaves, directed by Marc Scott Zicree. 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Reading 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- "What is SFWA and what can it do for me?" with Jane Jewell, Michael Capobianco, Robin Wayne Bailey, and Karina Sumner-Smith. 11 a.m.-noon.
- Storytronics: A New Way to Tell Stories. Presentation by Laura J. Mixon. 11 a.m.-noon. (Next to the hospitality suite.)
- Web Presence with Tobias Buckell and Theodora Goss. Noon-1:00 p.m.
- The Publisher's Summit with Carsten Polzin and W.H. Horner. 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Hour of the Wolf interviews with Jim Freund. 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Meet at the Pool! 1:00–3:00 p.m. (Don't forget your swim suits.)
- SFWA Business Meeting (SFWA members only.): 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Science talk: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Reception: 7:00 p.m. Open to all.
- Banquet: 8:00 p.m.
- Nebula Awards ® Ceremony, approximately 9:30 p.m. (Open to all with a weekend membership — Banquet ticket not required)
Sunday, 13 May 2007
- Hospitality Suite: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- Tour: Old New York Part II (leaves from main lobby of the Marriott). 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Other Activities & Information
- Tours (Thursday - Sunday): led by Gordon Linzner. More information at LiveJournal Nebula 2007 community!
- Parties: Check Open Party board in the Hospitality Suite
- Jim Freund (Hour of the Wolf) will be taping audio interviews from 1:00-7:00 p.m. on Friday and from 1:00-5:00 on Saturday in the room off the hospitality suite. Interested parties can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He's especially interested in out-of-town authors.
- Hotel check-in: 4:00 p.m.; check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- Restaurant guide available at registration.
- Pool hours: 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. weekdays; 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. weekends
- Health club and dry sauna 24 hours/day with room key
- Professional photography in the room next to the hospitality suite; sign-ups and information at the registration desk.
Return to Index
Our advertisers make SFRevu possible, and
your consideration is appreciated.